From The Blog
You Don't Want To Miss This
on October 8, 2015
This will be a fun show at the ...read more
LSU Band Makes Major Announcement
on October 7, 2015
This is a classy move. I read this ...read more
Tim & Faith's Anniversary Is Today.
on October 6, 2015
He tells Taste of Country how he proposed ...read more
Brees Teaches Me
on October 5, 2015
Well I am putting my coaching hat up ...read more
Bad Lip Reading The Presidential Debate
on October 2, 2015
This was the 1st Presidential Debate held on ...read more
The ACM’s by “Sugarlips” Chris Powers:
The ACM’s took place this past weekend in Las Vegas and the stars were out. I had some thoughts of the big night:
- I thought the best performance of the night was Lady A with Stevie Nicks. They sounded well-rehearsed and nailed the 2 songs they sang.
- I thought Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton did better than last year but still far from Carrie and Brad for the CMA’s.
- I can’t remember an artist dominated as long as Miranda Lambert has. I hope she has a room to put all of her trophies.
- About time that Justin Moore not only gets invited but wins at an award show. He told me earlier this year that he never even got an invite to any awards show. (Are you kiddin’ me?)
- The show is going to be in Arlington, Texas next year? I know a few artists won’t like that. Dallas is not a “party” city and no blackjack tables.
- Miranda lost weight! What did you think? I like either way because she’s so real.
- Is Taylor Swift done winning awards? Like Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Kenny Chesney and more just not winning anymore. That’s why it’s so big that Miranda keeps winning.
- The next artist that needs to win is DARIUS RUCKER! I don’t try and shove any one or thing down someone’s throat but common man. He had the crowd rocking Sunday night.
Overall I liked the show but the sound is so rough maybe because of the delay in their ear monitors. I also think they need to split up the show better: stop going to a different location because it slows the show down and the 1st award needs to come before the 52 minute mark. (According to early reports, the show won its time slot with the 18-49 demo but dropped a full ratings point from last year.)