From The Blog
Despite Rain BCS A Success
on May 26, 2015
Another great crowd for Bayou Country Superfest. ...read more
Get To BCS Early.
on May 18, 2015
BIG Crowd expected at LSU this weekend because ...read more
Blake & Miranda Should Be Fun
on May 14, 2015
Bayou Country Superfest Just Around The Corner. ...read more
Chesney Excited To Be Back
on May 13, 2015
Kenny Chesney will make his 3rd appearance at ...read more
Taylor Swift Returns To BR
on May 12, 2015
Swift has come a long way since her ...read more
The ACM’s by “Sugarlips” Chris Powers:
The ACM’s took place this past weekend in Las Vegas and the stars were out. I had some thoughts of the big night:
- I thought the best performance of the night was Lady A with Stevie Nicks. They sounded well-rehearsed and nailed the 2 songs they sang.
- I thought Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton did better than last year but still far from Carrie and Brad for the CMA’s.
- I can’t remember an artist dominated as long as Miranda Lambert has. I hope she has a room to put all of her trophies.
- About time that Justin Moore not only gets invited but wins at an award show. He told me earlier this year that he never even got an invite to any awards show. (Are you kiddin’ me?)
- The show is going to be in Arlington, Texas next year? I know a few artists won’t like that. Dallas is not a “party” city and no blackjack tables.
- Miranda lost weight! What did you think? I like either way because she’s so real.
- Is Taylor Swift done winning awards? Like Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Kenny Chesney and more just not winning anymore. That’s why it’s so big that Miranda keeps winning.
- The next artist that needs to win is DARIUS RUCKER! I don’t try and shove any one or thing down someone’s throat but common man. He had the crowd rocking Sunday night.
Overall I liked the show but the sound is so rough maybe because of the delay in their ear monitors. I also think they need to split up the show better: stop going to a different location because it slows the show down and the 1st award needs to come before the 52 minute mark. (According to early reports, the show won its time slot with the 18-49 demo but dropped a full ratings point from last year.)