From The Blog
BIG & RICH A Class Act
on April 21, 2015
These country stars went above call of duty. ...read more
How Did I Do At ACM's?
on April 20, 2015
Below is a list of the winners and ...read more
My Predictions For ACM's
on April 17, 2015
The 50th ACM Awards Show takes place this ...read more
ACM Stage Coming Alive
on April 16, 2015
Check out the time lapse video from AT&T ...read more
Ponchatoula's Meghan Lindsey
on April 15, 2015
The Louisiana native hitting her stride on NBC's ...read more
The ACM’s by “Sugarlips” Chris Powers:
The ACM’s took place this past weekend in Las Vegas and the stars were out. I had some thoughts of the big night:
- I thought the best performance of the night was Lady A with Stevie Nicks. They sounded well-rehearsed and nailed the 2 songs they sang.
- I thought Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton did better than last year but still far from Carrie and Brad for the CMA’s.
- I can’t remember an artist dominated as long as Miranda Lambert has. I hope she has a room to put all of her trophies.
- About time that Justin Moore not only gets invited but wins at an award show. He told me earlier this year that he never even got an invite to any awards show. (Are you kiddin’ me?)
- The show is going to be in Arlington, Texas next year? I know a few artists won’t like that. Dallas is not a “party” city and no blackjack tables.
- Miranda lost weight! What did you think? I like either way because she’s so real.
- Is Taylor Swift done winning awards? Like Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Kenny Chesney and more just not winning anymore. That’s why it’s so big that Miranda keeps winning.
- The next artist that needs to win is DARIUS RUCKER! I don’t try and shove any one or thing down someone’s throat but common man. He had the crowd rocking Sunday night.
Overall I liked the show but the sound is so rough maybe because of the delay in their ear monitors. I also think they need to split up the show better: stop going to a different location because it slows the show down and the 1st award needs to come before the 52 minute mark. (According to early reports, the show won its time slot with the 18-49 demo but dropped a full ratings point from last year.)