From The Blog
ESPN Drinking LSU Cool-Aid
on August 31, 2015
ESPN GAMEDAY Crew likes the Tigers this year. ...read more
10 Years Later: Katrina Pictures
on August 24, 2015
These pictures were recently on CNN and they ...read more
Let's Set The Record Straight
on August 27, 2015
President George W Bush was not the bad ...read more
LSU RB Talks Katrina
on August 26, 2015
Hurricane Katrina had an affect on most of ...read more
The Superdome Still Super
on August 25, 2015
I got to be honest with you, I've ...read more
The ACM’s by “Sugarlips” Chris Powers:
The ACM’s took place this past weekend in Las Vegas and the stars were out. I had some thoughts of the big night:
- I thought the best performance of the night was Lady A with Stevie Nicks. They sounded well-rehearsed and nailed the 2 songs they sang.
- I thought Luke Bryan and Blake Shelton did better than last year but still far from Carrie and Brad for the CMA’s.
- I can’t remember an artist dominated as long as Miranda Lambert has. I hope she has a room to put all of her trophies.
- About time that Justin Moore not only gets invited but wins at an award show. He told me earlier this year that he never even got an invite to any awards show. (Are you kiddin’ me?)
- The show is going to be in Arlington, Texas next year? I know a few artists won’t like that. Dallas is not a “party” city and no blackjack tables.
- Miranda lost weight! What did you think? I like either way because she’s so real.
- Is Taylor Swift done winning awards? Like Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Kenny Chesney and more just not winning anymore. That’s why it’s so big that Miranda keeps winning.
- The next artist that needs to win is DARIUS RUCKER! I don’t try and shove any one or thing down someone’s throat but common man. He had the crowd rocking Sunday night.
Overall I liked the show but the sound is so rough maybe because of the delay in their ear monitors. I also think they need to split up the show better: stop going to a different location because it slows the show down and the 1st award needs to come before the 52 minute mark. (According to early reports, the show won its time slot with the 18-49 demo but dropped a full ratings point from last year.)